POSITION TITLE: Cash Vault Specialist I
REPORTS TO: Operations Leader
DATE REVISED: August 2021
The Cash Vault Specialist I serves as liaison and a contact between the member credit unions and cash vault vendors regarding all aspects of CACU’s cash vault program. Assist with managing orders submitted by credit unions for cash vault locations. Assist with the cash flow in each vault ensuring that each order gets filled properly. Responsible for balancing each vault location and anticipate future cash order needs daily. Provide backup of monitoring daily vault activity and transactions in order to optimally manage CACU’s liquidity position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (including the following and others as assigned)
- Assist with the flow of cash in and out of each of the cash vaults daily.
- Assist with balancing each cash vaults on a daily basis.
- Provide support to member credit unions regarding the cash vault program.
- Receive and track cash vault checklists ensuring all agreements are in place prior to starting service.
- Assist with the follow up with credit union after starting service, making sure they understand all aspects of service.
- Answer telephone and take transactions from member credit unions, respond to inquiries, and provide effective member service.
- Prepare quotes as needed for new credit union opportunities.
- Track all information for billing of cash vault program.
- Provide cash vault users with changes to order and delivery date changes when a holiday occurs.
- Perform duties and responsibilities of this position with accuracy.
- Ability to perform work in a time sensitive, deadline oriented environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a credit union or financial services industry
- Excellent 10 key skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
- General knowledge of accounting skills preferred
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
DEPARTMENT AND/OR JOB SPECIFIC COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Adhere to Corporate, departmental and governmental policies and regulations, laws and policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position is performed in an office setting.
- The ability to sit for long periods of time.
- The work environment and physical demands of this position are representative of similar jobs in comparable companies.