POSITION TITLE: Operations Specialist I
REPORTS TO: Operations Leader
DATE REVISED: June 2021
The Operations Specialist I will greet visitors and handle member service incoming calls by providing funds management, loan and investment services including account information, rates, wire transfers, internal transfers and problem solving. Responsible for adhering to all BSA/OFAC rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including the following and others as assigned)
- Answer phones and handle calls in a timely and professional manner, redirecting as needed, assist members with information and problems, including any research that may be involved.
- Receive/verify outgoing wire transfers from Credit Unions. (Documentation for wires included in wire transfer procedures).
- Responsible for Audit Confirmation requests.
- Assist Credit Union members with Super 30 transfer requests and maturities.
- Assist Credit Union members with internal transfer requests.
- Input Share Draft Adjustment to Helpdesk from online and CACU staff.
- Input Branch Capture Adjustment to Helpdesk from online and CACU staff.
- Responsible for issuing new COWWS passwords when requested.
- Assist credit unions with Juniper Payments domestic outgoing wire platform.
- Assist Credit Union with Juniper Payments international wire platform.
- Enter and Approve Corporate Securities into Federal Home Loan Bank.
- Prepare Voucher and Balance Transfers.
- Review Negative Balance Report.
- Enter Operations and Electronic Funds Billing.
- File all daily work.
- Distribute mail to appropriate staff daily.
- Prepare Check Deposits.
- Post transactions to members.
- Open/Close credit union accounts.
- Add/Update credit union users in Juniper Payments, AMS and Safekeeping.
- Balance ACH Suspense account.
- Balance Credit Union Share Accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- General knowledge of accounting skills preferred
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of accounting principles preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Proficient in 10-key
DEPARTMENT AND/OR JOB SPECIFIC COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Adhere to Corporate, departmental and governmental policies and regulations, laws and policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position is performed in an office setting
- The work environment and physical demands of this position are representative of similar jobs in comparable companies