POSITION TITLE: Electronic Payments Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Electronic Payments
REPORTS TO: Electronic Payments Director
DATE REVISED: July 2020
The Electronic Payments Specialist is responsible for daily branch capture functions for the Electronic Payments department. Responsibilities include receiving and processing incoming deposits for Member Credit Unions and serving as the primary backup to the evening shift within the Electronic Payments department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (including the following and others as assigned)
- Verify that Business Date is correct, and all Inboxes are enabled
- Check for any Exception ECLs and pull in for processing
- Verify database backup from previous day completed
- Verify Data-Load from previous day was completed
- Key items in Item Verification and ensure batches balance
- Perform Reject Repair for items with errors
- Monitor and process any items in Duplicate Review
- Monitor that all work received is flowing correctly and notify the IT Dept. of any issues
- Verify that all reports were saved as PDF by 2nd shift doing end of day process
- Verify that all totals for work processed and sent by 2nd shift was received at destination by pulling settlement and history reports
- Follow Branch Capture Adjustment Procedure for any Duplicates or Rescans from daily work
- Notify Members of any deletion request received and also list for monthly billing
- Verify Rescan Request has been rescanned with correct information
- Box up end of month files and discard old files according to file destruction procedures
- Serve as primary backup to the evening shift
- Provide excellent customer service both internally and externally
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- One year of experience in a credit union or financial services industry
- Excellent 10 key skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
DEPARTMENT AND/OR JOB SPECIFIC COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Adhere to Corporate, departmental and governmental policies and regulations,
laws and policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position is performed in an office setting.
- The ability to sit for long periods of time.
- The work environment and physical demands of this position are representative of similar jobs in comparable companies.